Marketing Specialist (Temporary - 18 months)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB E-mobility is the global leader in EV charging1 technology. With more than 13 years of experience in DC fast charging and commercial products introduced since May 2010, we have an unparalleled reach with sales of more than 840,000 electric vehicle chargers across more than 85 markets. ABB has been proudly serving Canadian customers for over a century with reliable energy efficient solutions to power clean transportation of tomorrow. Our industry leading EV charging infrastructure is designed for all types of electric vehicles including those equipped with high voltage systems; from cars, through to trucks for fleet operators and buses for the transit industry. In this position, you will be responsible for marketing and communication activities that are aligned with industry segment goals, business goals and overall strategy of ABB E-mobility for the Canadian market. You will also implement business marketing strategies to meet business objectives and in line with the North American and Global E-mobility strategies and activities.
This position reports to
Business Manager - Portfolio
- Implementing the local go to market E-mobility marketing strategy.
- Managing all Canadian E-mobility marketing and communications activities (in alignment with teams mentioned above) and manage overall E-mobility budget for these activities.
- Collaborating with key functions within the business to support the development or management of effective materials for target audiences.
- Leading event program management including all aspects of event planning, coordination, and execution, including on-site support if needed.
- Managing all marketing collateral.
- Coordinating, creating and harmonizing the communication collaterals (i.e. PowerPoint presentations) according to business requirements/guidelines.
- Being the main interface with our local industry associations.
- Staying up to date with industry and competitor best practices.
- University degree.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing and communications, including project management.
- Bilingual (mandatory English and French).
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Team-oriented, comfortable interacting with senior leaders as well as technical specialists (interacting with all departments within E-mobility business).
- Appreciation for working closely with Sales team and customers.
- Experience in events management (required) and in E-mobility industry (a plus).
- Ability to travel.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. Work model: hybrid
Publication ID: CA84267596_E1
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.