Technical Proposal Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all. This position is responsible for proposals and quotations for electric vehicle charging products and solutions (E-mobility) focused on the car and fleet markets in Canada.
- Respond to customer inquiries efficiently with confidence and professionalism.
- Issue response to RFI/RFQ requests from customers.
- Prepare Proposals in response to Customer RFP’s.
- For Larger Projects work with the Sales/Engineering/PM/Service/Legal and GM to ensure all aspects of the RFP are addressed.
- Organizing Proposals and keeping Log of issued proposals.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English and French.
- Knowledge of Electric Vehicle Charging industry in Canada and US an asset.
- Ability to engage customers at both technical and commercial levels of discussion.
- Teamwork oriented and demonstrate high level of initiative, problem solving, information seeking and eager to learn.
- Good sense of urgency and ownership.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Special job conditions: Valid Canadian passport, valid driver’s license, ability to travel across Canada (10%).
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Publication ID: CA84115743_E1
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.