Requirements Management Lead Engineer
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Alstom’s products portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, trams and e-buses to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. With Bombardier Transportation joining Alstom on January 29, 2021, the new Group’s combined revenue amounted to €15.7 billion for the 12-month period ended March 31, 20201. Headquartered in France, Alstom is now present in 70 countries and employs 75,000 people. www.alstom.com
Purpose of the Role:
Part of the Rolling Stock Engineering Train System organization in charge of defining the product operational, performance and architecture requirements specification, the mission of the Requirements Management Lead Engineer is to ensure that management of applicable requirements of projects and tenders is performed as per Alstom RM process, methodology and tool and help managing technical related risks at earliest, thus being a key enabler to deliver committed quality, time, and cost. The Requirements Management Lead Engineer ensures the consistencies of the “way of working” across projects and tenders regarding requirements management.
The Requirements Management Lead Engineer is leading the requirements management activities across projects and tenders:
- Define the requirements management strategy for the project/tender.
- Establish the requirements management schedule based on the project schedule and inline with Alstom Design for Quality (DfQ) process.
- Responsible for undertaking requirement management tasks in support of developing the whole train design and guide project design team members, especially the Vehicle Engineering Team, to ensure requirements are correctly considered, valid technical design decisions are made and that associated technical risks are identified and managed.
- Responsible for ensuring all requirements are consolidated in a project set of technical requirements, requirements are correctly allocated, and satisfaction evidence is identified.
- Check overall consistency and correct link, alignment between design documents or design activities. Develop a risk management plan based on the potential performance gaps between expected final performance and contractual or legal obligations.
- Elaborate regular reporting on the activity: Change (from an existing product) and Risk heat maps, requirements processing / management status. Produce KPIs and reports. Maintain an Action Plan to ensure that the maturity level in requirements management is as dictated by Alstom Design for Quality (DfQ) process.
- Ensure correct tool set-up, define Requirement Breakdown Structure for the project, and identify users.
- Collaborate with the global team responsible of the requirements management process and methodology for continuous improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in mecanical, electrical or software
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering.
- Practical experience of working on major projects at various stages in a project lifecycle.
- Valuable experience in requirements engineering using standardized process.
- Experience utilizing database solutions for requirements management (such as IBM Rational DOORS).
- Strong leadership to influence and guide a team of engineers.
- Good communication skills in English and French.
- Experience in rail systems requirements.
- Experience on major rail projects.
- Experience in managing requirements using IBM Rational DOORS.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Manager, Risk Management, Database, Management, Finance, Technology