Project Planning Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
▪ Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Senior PrPM for his area: schedule structure, reporting constraints…
▪ Define tender preparation schedule and monitor until the submission of the tender,
▪ Detail the tender schedule based on Reference Library templates, gap analysis, Metiers commitments, and PXO (Project Metiers organisation such as PIO / Project Industrial Organisation) tender strategy
▪ Establish an integrated project schedule that is consistent with Customer ITT requirements and consistent with the DFQ requirements.
▪ Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule for his area and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions,
▪ Contribute to the project strategy in compliance with the requirements defined by the Senior PrPM
▪ Deliver on time all schedule deliverables down to the requested level,
▪ Estimate the cost of Scheduling management effort.
In contract or program execution:
▪ Contribute to the Project Time Management Plan defined by the Senior PrPM.
▪ Lead project harmonization schedule and maintain such harmonization throughout project life. Develop mitigation plans as required with Functions representatives for the best interest of Project. Act as "the" person in the Project Team that is fully accountable for "Managing Time", i.e. ensuring that all project schedules from Functions (be it Excel, MS Projects etc.) are all aligned and constantly reflected into the master Schedule (DPS)
▪ Contribute with the Finance Project Manager to Earned Value Management
▪ Lead project progress reviews and validate & challenge actual progress by validating balance-to-go with Stakeholders.
▪ Provide timely schedule analysis, updates & narratives, both for internal & external uses.
▪ Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
▪ Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues
▪ Organise and lead periodic project schedule sessions for his area,
▪ Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
▪ Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status on risks and margin related to schedu le
▪ Prepare schedule and progress reports, ▪ Provide support to sub-system manager on all issues related to sub-system project schedule,
▪ Apply the Project Scheduling Process,
▪ Promote time management practices awareness in the project team
▪ Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, schedule templates.
Performance measurements in tenders:
▪ On-time delivery of all requested tender deliverables,
▪ On time delivery of schedule analysis for decisions by the Tender Team: critical paths for main milestones, planning risks, standard metrics measuring schedule robustness
▪ List of potential gaps between sub-system project schedule defined in tender and Platform Reference Library schedule Performance measurements in contract or program execution:
▪ Regular and consistent scheduling updates, with potential delays analysis
▪ Delivery on time delivery of KPIs (Gate Reviews GO on time, sales, cash, …) and planning documents, ▪ Standard metrics measuring schedule robustness (PSI)
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Technology, Management