Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
We are seeking an enthusiastic senior buyer to join our procurement team. In this role, you will be responsible for rolling stock procurement of materials and services for the REM project in Montreal, Quebec. This will include being responsible to develop the direct procurement strategies and methods to achieve company objectives, successful site operations and project execution.
Day to day activities involves supplier development, Request For Quotation (RFQ) management, supplier and contract negotiations and business award conclusion with Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety & smooth execution with project team.
- Deploy of commodities strategy
- Ensure project execution in line with Quality Cost and Delivery (QCD) objectives
- Pilot local contractual relationships with suppliers
- Identification of project and business needs
- Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
- Negotiation of cost reduction with suppliers
- Inputs provider/contributor for order placement
- Ensure QCD targets achievement, CONQ (Cost Of Non Quality) & claims management & lead supplier perfomance reviews
- Management of initial issues before escalation to line manager
- Respect Alstom Code of Ethics and guidelines
Commodity support on site:
- Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
- Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
- Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
- Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
- Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
- Apply the Alstom procurement process, and provide return on experience.
Involvement in projects:
- Closely work with internal stakeholders
- Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
- Prepare Business Awards
- Promoting the Alstom Code of Ethics and adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct
REQUIRED PROFILE :
- Bachelor degree in Purchasing, Business Management
- 5 years minimum of experience in Purchasing
- Experience with SAP, mandatory
- Negotiation skills
- International business background, an asset
- Operation and Maintenance experience, an asset
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (ability to convince others)
- Act as a team player
- Able to take initiative
- Able to manage multiple priorities autonomously and respect deadlines
- Fluent in French and English
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Procurement, Buyer, Purchasing, Business Manager, ERP, Operations, Finance, Management, Technology