VIE- IS&T Operations Analyst
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Type of contract: Volontariat International en Entreprise (VIE). To know more about the VIE program, click here
Location: Saint Bruno (Quebec, Canada)
Duration of the VIE: 24 Months
The IS&T operating model focuses on business value and innovation while delivering operational excellence:
- Operational excellence:
- Development of cost-efficient services and standard solutions
- Improvement of performance, efficiency and agility on business as usual activities with focused KPIs
- Measure performance of IS&T services provided to internal customers
- Provide support to end users locally and through Service Desk
- Aligning local priorities and resources to support global processes and services
The IS&T model is driven by 4 key principles:
- Standardize business processes
- Address regional priorities
- Improve IS&T cost variability and efficiency
- Leverage new technologies to bring value to the business
The IS&T Canada Operations VIE will be reporting to Canada IS&T Operations Manager and will be one of the main faces of IS&T to our users.
- Support the Operations team in the execution of project work packages, activities, documentation, quality assurance, reporting, and process improvements.
- Active role in communications across the Americas.
- Apply templates and records to document project activities following defined standards
Manage small projects including:
- Ipad/Mobile management
- PC management
- Printer replacement
- Phone replacement
- Work closely with end users and the Operations team to identify and resolve concerns.
- Assist in discovery of the tools and network for various sites.
- Work under the direction of the Country Operations Manager
- Performs related responsibilities as required
They will interact on a regular basis with Regional IS&T Operations manager, Global Operations teams, Business Partners, Projects teams, and Local Management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business or Engineering supported by experience of IT infrastructure or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven experience in end user support.
- Fluent in English and French
Competencies & Skills
- Good communication skills - able to communicate with international teams of varying levels within the organization
- Presentation Skills- May be required to give training and presentations across various skill sets
- Result oriented – self driven
- Data Driven – extensive statistics knowledge a plus
- Show intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- Eager to work with autonomy in an international environment
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Computer Science, Quality Assurance, Operations, Technology