Manufacturing Engineering Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a Manufacturing Engineering Technician and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in La Pocatiere (QC), CA.
- Participate in the design of the product in partnership with the different functions to propose solutions to improve the manufacturing of the product
- Actively participate in the realization of the first units by supporting the main manufacturing functions
- Determine the functional requirements and draft the technical documentation for the assembly of train cars
- Conducts various research, studies and analysis to develop manufacturing methods, products and new markets in partnership with internal and external expertise
- Develops action plans to improve the productivity of existing equipment and/or integrate new technologies into our manufacturing processes
- Defines and estimates the costs of the most economical production methods according to the requirements of the product
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamental theories, principles and concepts related to mechanical manufacturing and assembly
- Basic welding knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required; CATIA software an asset
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English
- Autonomy and rigor
- Excellent communications skills and team player
- Available to travel
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position - positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.
Job Segment: Research