Chief of Operations
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Purpose of the role:
The Chief Operations ensures the physical delivery of the train on quality, time and costs as well as the follow-up of both configuration and traceability. CO is based on the final assembly unit and shall:
- Ensure the assembly line set up
- Coordinate Supply Chain, Industrialization, Production, Test & Commissioning for the train delivery site in relation with industrial quality
- Ensure Design for Operations (DfO) aspects are addressed in development phase
- Coordinate industrial sites including suppliers when needed.
- Develop the Project Industrial Management Plan (IMP) in line with project objectives and other project plans
- Lead Construction & Installation Management Plan (CIMP) and CAPEX for Assembly line set-up
- Consolidate industrial staffing plans for assembly line & sub-systems with SSMs
- Lead Transfer of Technology (ToT) and ensure skillset development plan per ToT commitment
- Challenge SSMs for ensuring Design for Operation based on local requirements
- Ensure the readiness of industrial activities, means and deliverables to successfully pass the gate reviews
- Monitor, control and prepare sub-systems physical delivery for the final assembly line to maintain the alignment with the global industrial planning
- Manage the improvement action plan to achieve industrial QCD targets after the serial Go
- Be accountable for the proper implementation and full compliance with Code of Ethics, EHS and other Alstom policies and Customer requirements
Lead and coordinate project operation activities and stakeholders from tender transfer to close-out including:
- Develop the Project Industrial Management Plan (IMP) including the Project Industrial Organization (PIO), Make or Buy strategy , industrial planning & reviews, list of deliverables, ToT management plan.
- Anticipate and ensure industrial operations team staffing,
- Escalate when project resources available do not match the project needs
- Manage activities related to industrial operations (industrialization & production line set-up, transfer of technology, supply chain, manufacturing, test and commissioning of the complete system) and ensure alignment with project objectives
- Proactively participate to the definition of project development logic and key milestones and contribute to project risks and opportunities management
- Ensure industrial data correct set-up in ERP
- Actively contribute to the product x process concurrent engineering and ensure adequate handover between DME and PME
- Ensure that both logistics strategy and kitting strategy are defined in line with Supply Chain requirements and customer sites constraints
- Leader of the CCB (Change and Configuration Board) to validate changes and date or rank of application, ensure early identification of industrial changes and risk/impact assessment to propose alternative scenario
- Manage the retrofit activities after changes related to engineering, industrialization, and manufacturing planning
- Lead the problem-solving approach when technical or operational issues arise on delivery site
- Ensure compliance with Ref Lib and tender strategy on industrial related topics
- Support the delivery of the first trains of series and ensure FAR/FMR/SMR are performed on time
- Perform lessons learned/ feedback on industrial activities and contribute to update the Industrial Ref Lib
- Manage its direct reports and ensure proper delegation when required
- Arbitrate issues escalated at his level and escalate to the PM when required
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in industrial operations including 3 years at project or site management level.
- Extensive industrial, supply chain and Alstom product knowledge and project/company background.
Competencies & Skills:
- Balanced skills between management, industrial management and project management
- Strong leadership and ability to federate teams on technical orientations to reach QCD targets
- Demonstrated capacity to lead cross-functional activities and numerous/various stakeholders
- Ability for analysis, problem-solving and efficient decision-making in complex environment
- Ability to work across sites in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in French and English, mandatory
Occasional travels inside and outside of Canada
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, Project Manager, Supply, Operations, Technology