Head of FPM RSC Canada
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Head of Finance Project Management for Rolling Stock & Components Train Manufacturing Site Canada Cluster.
In charge of Managing the Controlling and follow up of the portfolio of Rolling Stock Canada projects.
Purpose of the job:
- Ensures project accounting is in accordance with Company guidelines;
- Supports the organization of the project reviews from start to the end of each contract
- Analyses the execution performance and propose action plans to improve contract margin and cash profile as well as corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Coaches FPM Community in the evolution of rules and processes, trying to implement agility, simplification and efficiency.
- Identifies potential weaknesses in competencies and develop/support initiatives to improve community’s performance.
- Project Review process
- Participates to preparation, reviews and validation of key projects;
- Supports and participates to Regions bi-annual portfolio reviews;
- Supports Countries/sites lacking maturity in Project Finance Management: project start (TTM/CPR 0);
- Supports the launch of complex projects;
- Is a key player in REX deployment within his region.
- Project reporting and analysis:
- Consolidates and checks monthly reporting and portfolio reporting (NAVO/ambitions/opp./etc);
- Controls backlog, reconciliation project reviews and consolidation tool, workload on projects;
- Monitors GM, PPI, R&O evolutions;
- Contributes to the project performance in Region Business Review (R&O disclosure, degradations/improvements anticipation and reporting, support in target settings). Articulates project messages at executive level.
- Participates to special focus on some projects (including site/project visits). In case of finance issue on a project, identifies root causes and proposes actions plan.
- Tools and Transformation projects and Community Mgt
- Rules: supports instructions evolution.
- Tools: works on improvement of project reporting, PM2020 and on all tool evolutions impacting FPM function.
- Animates and develops of the FPM community (participate to Projects staffing, FPM training, …). Shares best practices within the Cluster and between regions.
Competencies & Skills
- Strategic Thinking and Self-Mastery
- Synthesis and analytical mind
- Demonstrated ability to partner well and influence others
- Entrepreneur and proactive
- Good relations and strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- BA degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience in Finance
- Experience in auditing and/or project operational background
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Team working
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, knowledge of SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- CPA designation an asset
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Accounting, Project Manager, CPA, ERP, SAP, Finance, Technology