Project Planning Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Work in close collaboration with a Senior Project Planning Manager (Senior PrPM) or a Sub-System Manager, or the Project Management Officer of the Product Line owner of time management topic for his area, providing proper time management information to support decisions making to reach expected OTD (On-time delivery) performance of the project (tender, contract or program execution). Be the responsible to develop and maintain the project schedule (internal) for his area, Manage efficiently planning deliverable issuance. Facilitate the synchronization of internal stakeholders.
- Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Senior PrPM for his area: schedule structure, reporting constraints…
- Define tender preparation schedule and monitor until the submission of the tender,
- Detail the tender schedule based on Reference Library templates, gap analysis, Metiers commitments, and PXO (Project Metiers organisation such as PIO / Project Industrial Organisation) tender strategy
- Establish an integrated project schedule that is consistent with Customer ITT requirements and consistent with the DFQ requirements.
- Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule for his area and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions,
- Contribute to the project strategy in compliance with the requirements defined by the Senior PrPM
- Deliver on time all schedule deliverables down to the requested level,
- Estimate the cost of Scheduling management effort.
In contract or program execution:
- Contribute to the Project Time Management Plan defined by the Senior PrPM.
- Lead project harmonization schedule and maintain such harmonization throughout project life. Develop mitigation plans as required with Functions representatives for the best interest of Project. Act as "the" person in the Project Team that is fully accountable for "Managing Time", i.e. ensuring that all project schedules from Functions (be it Excel, MS Projects etc.) are all aligned and constantly reflected into the master Schedule (DPS)
- Contribute with the Finance Project Manager to Earned Value Management
- Lead project progress reviews and validate & challenge actual progress by validating balance-to-go with Stakeholders.
- Provide timely schedule analysis, updates & narratives, both for internal & external uses.
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
- Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues
- Organise and lead periodic project schedule sessions for his area,
- Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
- Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status on risks and margin related to schedule
- Prepare schedule and progress reports,
- Provide support to sub-system manager on all issues related to sub-system project schedule,
- Apply the Project Scheduling Process,
- Promote time management practices awareness in the project team
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, schedule templates.
DESIRED PROFILE :
- Engineering degree preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Project management and industrial background
- You are used to work with internal processes: Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality and their interfaces……
- Project scheduler experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of different scheduling tools (such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, Planisware etc.)
- Fluent in English / French a big asset
- Basic overall knowledge of railway products, and good knowledge of the Sub-System
- Agility to juggle with schedules simulations, various scenarios, and changing project goals.
- Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker
- Conflict management and multi-tasking,
- Collaborative management
- Be able to challenge sub-system team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
- Comfortable in an international, matrix organisation and a multi-cultural environment.
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Supply Chain, Manager, Supply, Operations, Technology, Management