Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Join us as Sub-System Manager, and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in St. Bruno.
You will be responsible for management and successful completion of cross-functional activities leading to the delivery of a complex project sub-system in a high criticality or medium criticality project, fulfilling both customer needs and committed QCDP objectives. You will:
- Manage cross-functionally sub-system level stakeholders, activities and deliverables and make needed arbitration (engineering, product x process, Make or Buy, Costs, Milestones, Interfaces, …) to reach QCDP commitment
- Coordinate sub-system activities with other project stakeholders including integration teams’ other sub-systems and project level functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Contribute to successful Project execution on allocated sub-system scope of work:
- Apply Project Strategy according to defined contractual and Project commitments and targets, as allocated on sub-system.
- Actively contribute to Project performance
- Alert in case of deviations impacting project objectives; actively contribute to risks and opportunity management
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, instructions and standards, process & tools: Code of Ethics & Compliance, EHS, Railway Safety, Quality, Sourcing, PMM.
Lead and coordinate sub-system activities and stakeholders, from requirement capture/analysis to the end of project contractual obligations limited to the sub-system scope of work:
- Achieve QCDP objectives of its sub-system
- Cascade and allocate sub-system requirements and QCDP objectives to sub-system team members
- Implement sub-system WBS
- Plan, monitor, control and manage sub-system end-to-end activities (scope, schedule, resources, cost, risks, saving, opportunities)
- Coordinate and support consistent cross-functional execution of sub-system objectives, activities and deliverables (Engineering, R&D programmes, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Indus when applicable, RAMS…)
- Lead teams in successful achievement of project objectives, synchronize stakeholders at sub-system level and ensure stakeholder alignments
- Perform sub-system level decisions and trade-offs
- Rebase lining and change management at sub-system level
- Manage sub-system situation and KPI, and report with transparency
- Upon request from PM, is delegated to represent Alstom towards Customer and external stakeholders
Coordinate and synchronize sub-system activities with other sub-Systems and project teams:
- Actively contribute to the resolution of overarching/transverse optimizations or issues
- Manage interface with project-level team members & project office (e.g. industrialization, control of configuration management, sourcing, quality) and ask if necessary, for PM arbitration
- Manage interface with train-level teams (in charge of architecture and integration) and other sub-system teams and ask if necessary, for Chief Engineer/Chief Operation arbitration
As our ideal candidate:
- You have a Master degree or bachelor degree
- IPMA level C (or equivalent)
- 2 years experience as sub-system/component manager or as manager of an operational scope
- Experience of working in and with multi-national companies and in different business cultures
- Knowledgeable of ALSTOM way of working for efficient process execution (Desirable)
- Global knowledge on the sub-system (Desirable)
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills
- Leadership, entrepreneurship mindset and result oriented
- Good Knowledge of Project management processes
- Capacity to coordinate and ensure collaboration of multi-site/multi-metier teams
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Change Management, Supply Chain, Manager, Operations, Technology, Management