Bid Cost Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
PURPOSE OF THE JOB :
- To prepare, lead and manage all costing and pricing aspects of a tender within the tender team, with the support of Finance Tender Manager on all financial aspects (from Business Opportunity Review up to Tender Transfer Meeting)
- To support Bid manager or Bid sub-system managers on target cost, cost consolidation and cost challenge per sub-system
- To support the Project team on costing aspects until CPR1 (Critical Project Review n°1)
- Only for RSC Project with high level of development or gaps: to support Project team on costing aspects
YOUR RESPONSIBILITES :
- Prepare quick costing during pre-tendering phase, based on product cost database and return of experience from project execution
- Support the Bid manager in the preparation of the IFQ (Instruction For Quotation), in accordance with pricing strategy
- Define the cost structure for the bid according to RFP (terms and conditions, etc), sales requirements, etc
- Define target cost per activities and/or sub system in coordination with Bid sub-system managers, matching with winning price and identified gaps versus Reference Solution
- Lead cost estimation activities based on target cost approach with all participating units and métiers
- Lead cost improvement actions to reach tender cost /target price using all competitiveness levers, and challenge the contributors
- Lead a collaborative work with Finance Tender Manager to optimize Financial costs (bonds, financing, hedging, insurance, taxes, etc), and to improve overall competitiveness of the bid
- Consolidate tender costs commitment and selling price as per financial rules and in the consolidation tool (Mercury/2.1/ or Ody.C)
- Control the level of robustness of the costing (consistency between scope of work, costing received and planning), and use the Costing robustness assessment grid
- Support proactively the Bid manager and the Finance Tender Manager during the tender validation process
- Prepare the Costing package for TRM (Tender Review Meeting) (cost analysis/bridges, standard report, cash curve, etc), and support the tender leader on the preparation of the pricing sheet for the customer
- Lead cost estimation activities, in coordination with Bid sub-system manager, for changes discussed with the customer during negotiation phase and update the cost commitment
- Transfer tender costing data (with related assumptions) to Project (TTM / Tender Transfer Meeting) + variance analysis (from TRM/ Tender Review Meeting -->TTM/ Tender Transfer Meeting)
- Support on demand the Project team on costing for variation orders
DESIRED PROFILE :
- Engineering or business degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cost management on projects or bids
- Experience in railway, an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, mandatory
- Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders.
- Be results-oriented and show ability to delivery milestones on-time
- Fluent in French and English, mandatory
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Pre-Sales, RFP, Database, Manager, Sales, Technology, Management