System Engineering Intern
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
An internship in System engineering intern participates of all technical facets of a major system, including design and system integration and providing support in order to facilitate the delivery of projects within time and budget and maintain customer satisfaction. The role is fundamental in translating customer requirements/needs into appropriate solutions by providing system engineering expertise across all stages of the project’s lifecycle as an instrumental part of multidisciplinary teams. You will have the occasion to experience the various layers of the engineer’s work at Alstom while being directly involved in a dynamic team.
During your internship, you will be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Develop your knowledge of system engineering (mechanical, electrical and functional) related to the different major systems found on rail vehicles such as Brakes, HVAC, Doors, Auxiliary Power supply, etc.
- Participate in design review activities and update Train Systems documents.
- Interact with Requirement management system and process specific project requirements.
- Participate in Interface management process, update interface documents, participate to multi-disciplinary reviews.
- Participate in daily and weekly meetings for project progress tracking.
- Support and participate in Change management process.
- Identify opportunities to improve engineering processes.
- Be an undergrad student of mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Curious and resourceful personality who likes the practical application of concepts compared to theory.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio).
- Strong communication skills in English and French, written and spoken.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Change Management, Intern, HVAC, Supply, Management, Entry Level, Operations