Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
The maintenance technician is part of the maintenance of the REM project's signaling systems and to support the maintenance activities of the GPMM consortium on behalf of Alstom. Responsibility for roles includes, but is not limited to, conventional signaling, digital signaling and the control center in an Urbalis 400 project.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The maintenance technician is part of the maintenance of signaling systems and will work in a multi-disciplinary group and do business with the following Alstom and Consortium teams:
- The MRS system team, Alstom project team setting up the REM project signaling.
- The Rolling Stock team in charge of putting the train into service.
- The Track Maintenance team, belonging to the GPMM consortium in charge of interventions on ground signaling & Comm equipment and to whom we will have to provide from expertise, technical support and ensure the availability and logistics of parts.
- The Sig & COM Onboard team where we will have to provide technical support and 1st level interventions on train.
- The central team, in Saint-Ouen (engineering) as part of the default analysis and in Villeurbanne as part of the repairs of the parts (Engineering /Technical Support and repair center)
You may request to work evenings, nights, public holidays or end of week.
The maintenance technician is responsible for the maintenance of signaling systems in the train and on the track and he is supporting the implementation of the following business areas under the responsibility of the Maintenance signaling engineering:
- Responsible for the maintenance and application of maintenance processes for signaling systems (compliance with maintenance plans as well as cybersecurity policies).
- Responsible for analyzing problems related to signaling in partnership with the MRS Guarantee teams and the maintenance signaling engineer.
- Ability to use the signaling & comm tools & signaling drawing made available for analysis: PCC Logs, Train Log, Signaling (onboard & Wayside Log).
- Responsible person and point of contact for any Sig & Com activity
Key result areas
- Strong wil lto learn signalisation & commnuication
- Maintenance processes and procedures application with Alstom's processes.
- A well-managed and motivated workforce.
- Development of a safety culture within the group.
Key Performance Indicators
- Can demonstrate on-time delivery to meet the needs of maintenance
- Sig & Com technical support
- Able to build constructive relationships with colleagues
- Able to empower others to realize their potential and help them build better relationships
- Able to identify & troubleshoot the root cause of failure.
- Ability to use SIG & COMM troubleshooting soft & tools.
- Professional technician or equivalent
- 1 or 2 years of technician in railway signaling
- Knowledge of Urbalis 400 signaling products and solution (advantage)
- English (mandatory)
- French (advantage)
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Type:Graduate Job
Job Segment: Technician, Technical Support, Technology