Project Documentation Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
- Is responsible, within its team, of the deployment and execution of the documentation management process,
- Creates and updates Documentation Management Plans (DMP)
- Manages documentation management requirements from the Customer
- Follows and makes sure rules defined in the DMP are understood and applied by every team member
- Ensures documentation is properly validated before any submission to Customer
- Adapts and implements the documentation structure in accordance with standards.
- Defines, assigns and follows the contractual deliverables for the technical and management documentation categories in the Contractual Deliverables Requirement List
- Updates and uses documentation internal and external distribution list
- Manages and deploys EDMS with tools support team & train new users and manage access right to EDMS.
- Performs the role of EDMS Key User (if no Site EDMS key user) & First level support to EDMS users
- Suggests improvements of the activity (REX on documentation issues: process, organisation)
- Participates to configuration reviews to guarantee integration in all activities of the team members that are involved with documentation.
- Defines & analyses documentation reporting, indicators to be provided by Documentation Controller and report analysis to its department head, PM& Core Team Manager, team members and Customer (when required).
- Manages, in applying internal rules/instructions, Document translation, record management and physical archiving.
- During tender phase: only for High Criticality tender & on demand, assess gaps between Alstom standards & Customer requirements, make warning if major ones, evaluate cost impact for tender team.
Key Job Authorities and Dimensions:
- Manages a team of Documentation Controllers when necessary
- Documentation Management KPIs (Quality, Delivery of in contractual documentation in due time)
- Adherence to process, measured by process inspections
- Perform overview about milestones in general, payment milestones, penalties
Alstom is a global company where our people vision and values embrace Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). Wherever we operate and across all our businesses, we want to create an inclusive culture in which diversity is welcomed and appreciated. By bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute with their knowledge, skills, experiences and perspectives, we also generate value for Alstom and its stakeholders.
Employment at Alstom is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Alstom does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Alstom's policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full and complete support of the Company. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Manager, Technology, Management