Finance Project Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
As a Finance Project Manager you will lead finances for projects rated in medium to high criticality, in order to improve the project overall performance. You will participates in overall Project Management process jointly with Project Manager. As a key member of the project, the you will provide financial analysis, advice and guidance to support the project team in making the best business decisions for the project. You will be the main partner for the Financial Strategy success of the project, contributing in negotiation processes to secure project success, and supports PM in risks and opportunities process and sign-off on contingencies and committed savings. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Optimize financial aspects on the project including Tax, Hedging, Financing
- Collaborating with your business partners to provide finance advice and tutoring to the project team
- Raising "Early Warnings" when necessary to increase management attention
- Challenging and approving Project Financials (cash, competitiveness) as per DoA
- Ensuring compliance with local regulations, especially for tax and statutory accounts purposes.
- Communicating with Project Stakeholders to provide reliable financial analysis to assist in the decision-making
In this role, you will continuously add value by interpreting and implementing the global financial strategy set at tender stage as well as participating in and influencing negotiations. You will need to ensure project contractual bonds and guarantees are issued on due time and request release "as soon as possible", avoiding unnecessary expenses. Ultimately, your success will be determined by your ability to build trust from the business with accurate forecast reporting, which will lead to involvement in projects with increasing scope and visibility.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project experience, including long and complex project control
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, knowledge of SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluent in other languages is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration; Accounting; Economics or similar is required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Financial, Manager, SAP, ERP, Technology, Finance, Management