Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Located on one of our many sites on the island of Montreal, you will act as a key player in our services team with regards to maintenance technical training.
This position is primarily accountable for the delivery of technical training programs focused on locomotive and railcar maintenance skills. Additionally, this position will be accountable for designing, developing and improving the associated training materials. You will act as the training subject matter expert (SME) for all technical aspects of railway maintenance, delivering training to internal maintenance employees. You will collaborate closely with other business unit leaders, and sometimes external stakeholders, to ensure the delivery of training programs.
- Successfully deliver in-house training to maintenance employees in compliance with the technical specifications of the contract and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate maintenance employees to ensure that their qualifications, certifications, education and experience are in compliance with all federal, provincial and local regulations, rules and laws.
- Develop and revise course material, following specific work instructions and procedures, in compliance with the technical specifications of the contract and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support the development and deployment of new and revised work instructions and procedures.
- Prioritize client satisfaction, demonstrating flexibility and proper judgment when providing training to stakeholders.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in rail maintenance industry.
- Qualification as a technician in mechanical and/or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills in French, including the ability to actively listen and address key questions raised during the training sessions. The ability to communicate in English is considered an asset.
- Experience using MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook.
- Available to travel locally around the Montreal area.
- Flexible, able to work independently and as part of a team.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.