Continuous Improvement Agent
At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, more than 80 000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Join us as Continuous Improvement Agent, and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in La Pocatiere, Quebec.
Improving the operational performance of our business units is an indisputable priority for the coming years. This is a major opportunity to improve our performance and significantly reduce our total costs. The candidate will have to see to the management of our continuous improvement program by supporting the teams through constant coaching. He will see to identify opportunities, carry out improvement projects using the most efficient tools.
- Define, measure and analyze current processes in order to improve them: Production, production control, purchasing and inventory, logistics, quality and technical services.
- Implementation of tools Lean manufacturing: PVA, 5S, Kanban, OEE, SMED, JIT, …
- Prepares and conducts continuous improvement activities: Kaizen, 3P, etc.
- Assists, prepares and organizes training activities related to team or individual development in order to achieve business objectives.
- Promotes continuous improvement. Influence colleagues and the management team by questioning or benchmarking existing activities.
- Organizational Specifications.
- Degree in industrial Engineering, in operation management or equivalent.
- Specific trainning Six Sigma, black belt trainning (an asset).
- Two (2) or Three (3) years, including an experience in continuous improvement,lean manufacturing, Optimisation.
- Good knowledge of English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You don’t need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you’ll be proud. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Important to note
As a global business, we’re an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 63 countries we operate in. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.
Job Type:Graduate Job
Job Segment: Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, Management