REM - Project Documentation Control Manager 1
Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the railway sector around the globe while promoting sustainable mobility. We pride ourselves on our multifunctional expertise and manage the widest range of solutions in the market – from high-speed trains, metros and tramways to infrastructure, signalling and customised services.
With increasing activities in Canada to meet growing demand for sustainable transportation, Alstom seeks motivated candidates who will help us leverage our expertise and apply it locally. We have the energy and spirit of a start-up with the foundations of a multinational, world-class corporation that encourages collaboration, entrepreneurship, creativity and respect for the environment. Our employee offering includes career and development opportunities and extensive internal mobility prospects across dozens of locations around the world.
Our most recent project is the Réseau express métropolitain (REM). REM will be the fourth largest automated transportation system in the world once completed and is also the largest public transit project in Quebec since the Montreal Metro. The future integrated network will link downtown Montreal, the South and North Shores, the West Island and the airport. Alstom is looking for qualified candidates to fill positions on this exciting new chapter of urban transit in Montreal.
A Document Control Operator maintains and manages all important documents either for a particular project or whole organization and assures that it is easily accessible and stored. He or she also maintains and examines related files to release blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to manufacturing and other operating departments.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION
As per project organisation.
Reports hierarchically to the MRS Document Control Manager.
To support the Document Control Manager in the management of the Documentation for the project.
Activities & Responsibilites:
- Responsible for setup the fillings.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing daily correspondences (letters; documents; MOM; etc.) through Aconex.
- Responsible for incoming & Outgoing Correspondences update in the Server.
- Responsible to update the incoming and outgoing correspondence log and Transmittal log.
- Scan and attach document in Aconex.
- Any types of typing works.
- Responsible for scanner and copier operations.
- Maintain the files and control logs as required by the project.
- Ensure that all documents are properly circulated.
- Maintained the documents in Document Control Office under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
- Typing of site documents, and follow up all the site needs.
- Performs variety of clerical duties.
- Makes sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable.
University diploma, preferred in the documentation management with background in project management.
Desired Knowledge / Experience
Past experience in similar position would be appreciated 3 years minimum of experience in documentation management, 2 years minimum of experience in a project team.
Good knowledge of documentation control principles (planning, creation, coding, distribution, filling, archiving).
Experience in a quality department seen as a plus.
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Capable of initiatives. Autonomous
- Communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Eager to learn
- Team work
- Customer focus
- Anticipation and problem solving aptitude
- Influencing skills
Technical Skills & Competencies
Knowledgeable in all standard office tools (xls, word, mpp, ppt, outlook, acrobat writer ….).
Good knowledge of media and documentation control tools like Aconex, Dymadoc or Mezzo team.
French & English are compulsory.
We thank you for your interest in joining Alstom team. Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Job Segment: Document Control, Project Manager, Clerical, Manager, Administrative, Technology, Management