Finance Project Manager
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide.
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the economic and financial success of the project, following company procedures and ensuring the risks and opportunities are managed to meet or exceed the project financial targets.
- In coordination with Project Manager, prepare periodic Project reviews with all relevant financial analysis.
- Control and optimize Project results through close involvement with Project Manager.
- Challenge the estimate to complete in order to maximize the Project margin.
- Assure Customer invoicing is completed as soon as possible and play an active role in securing payment from Customer in due time.
- Review and analyze all balance sheet items linked to projects.
- Manage project bond requirements and hedging to limit exposure.
- Provide all Project finance reporting.
- Participate in Project Management team meetings, risk sessions, and all decision-making concerning Project financial or contractual aspects.
- Ensure accuracy of actuals and estimates to complete, drive transparency of financials.
- Ensure cost components quality, cost, and delivery commitment is properly documented/backed up and monitored on monthly basis.
- Ensure the economic and financial management of the project, following all company procedures and ensuring risks and opportunities are managed to optimize the project financial targets.
- Identify and capitalize on cash opportunities
- Identify, with Contract Management, change order opportunities and provide financial support for claims management.
- Support external and internal financial and process audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree; Finance or Accounting preferred; MBA desirable
- Expert Knowledge in MS Excel
- Organized and detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Working knowledge of SAP desired
- 5+ years of experience in project or cost accounting desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Finance MBA, Accounting, MBA, Financial, Technology, Finance, Management