Systems Engineer - Propulsion | Systems
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The ideal Systems Engineer candidate has a BS in a relevant engineering discipline and is a systems engineering guru that understands the critical importance of a clear and unambiguous requirement set. 5+ years of experience on Part 23 or 27 aircraft or rotorcraft programs and demonstrated experience with Application Lifecycle Management software tools preferred. The individual should have an in-depth understanding of SAE ARP 4754A and ARP 4761 and a passion for safety and safety analysis in the form of Functional Hazard Assessments, Fault Tree Analysis, and FMEA’s.
The candidate should be comfortable working with a team of certification engineers, DER’s, systems engineers, and other design engineers and be able to provide critical design feedback as it relates to safety and requirements verification. The candidate should expect to contribute as a team member to establish, manage and ensure compliance to the customer, regulatory, aircraft, and system-level requirements including demonstrating compliance through safety assessment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aircraft, Systems, and Component requirements development and validation.
- Aircraft and Systems requirement generation.
- ALM environment workflows and requirement management.
- Test coordination and execution with fellow system and test engineers resources.
- Those projects will include eVTOL aircraft, and drone model UAS aircraft.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Google G-Suite including Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Charts, Hangouts; Slack
- Solid Modeling (On-Shape, Solidworks, Catia, etc)
- FAA AC 33.75
- Aerospace certification process including FAA order 8110.4C
- RTCA DO-160G, DO-331, and DO-178C
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Part 23 Amendment 64
- ASTM F3338
- Part 33 Certification or Electric Engine Experience
- Polarion ALM
Minimum physical onsite presence of 50% required.