FEA Engineer (m/f/d)
Creaform Inc. Levis office or Laval office (Hidden)
Available now !
Our Creaform Engineering division is looking for a Finite Element Simulation Engineer to assist our clients in solving their problems and contribute to the development of their products. If you're looking for new challenges and want to join a highly experienced team, just like our 200+ team members, choose Creaform Engineering. You'll be joining one of Canada's largest teams of engineering consultants dedicated exclusively to numerical simulations. With a combined experience of over 250 years, our numerical simulation team is a true authority in expertise.
You’ll be responsible for
- Acting as a consulting engineer in the field of numerical analysis of mechanical structures.
- Carrying out numerical modeling (meshing and analysis) using Femap, Simcenter, Nastran, LS-Dyna or Ansys.
- Preparing 3D geometries for numerical analysis using 3D modelers (NX, CatiaV5, SolidWorks).
- Carrying out analytical hand calculations (aerodynamic loading, boundary conditions, material strength, heat transfer, component sizing, etc.).
- Prepare and seal analysis reports, calculation notes, and plans.
- Writing analysis reports, popularize, communicate, and advise clients on the changes to be made.
Your projects will lead you to
- Develop various products by optimizing structural strength, rigidity, mass, fatigue life, etc.
- Work closely with other Finite Element and Fluid Dynamics Engineers to validate calculation assumptions and recommendations made to clients.
- Work closely with technicians, designers and engineers on design projects;
- Spend part of your time with clients whom you will have to advise by popularizing your recommendations resulting from your analysis work;
- Develop your expertise and have the chance to be recognized as an expert;
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You will feel at home if you
- Hold a university-level degree in mechanical engineering (second degree is an asset);
- Has practical experience in finite element simulation of mechanical structures in a business environment;
- Has experience with one of the software : Femap, Simcenter, Ansys, LS-Dyna (an asset);
- Know and master one or more 3D design software such as NX, CatiaV5, SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.;
- Have a good analytical and synthetic mind as well as an aptitude for problem solving;
- Know how to communicate perfectly in French as well as in English.
In return, we offer you...
- The chance to work on stimulating projects in several fields (transportation, aeronautics, defence, buildings, and many others!);
- A flexible work schedule;
- A generous and flexible teleworking policy, when the function allows it;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise;
- A salary and growth potential that meets your expectations
- An environment open to the world and constantly growing;
- A wide range of social activities, and much more.
About Creaform Engineering
Creaform Engineering is a team of more than 200 experts who are committed to the success of the projects of leaders in all industries. Our multidisciplinary team meets all challenges daily with ingenuity and expertise, for projects in product development, industrial design, numerical simulation and industrialization. Our objective? Make our customers shine, both nationally and internationally, in sectors as varied as transport, motor sports, aerospace, technology, defense or energy. We go where no one has gone before and accompany our partners ever further, to create the innovations that will make them evolve.
Are you interested in the position, but don't have all the required skills? Send us your application anyway. We believe that experience and personal background, combined with a healthy dose of passion, can make all the difference.