Project Manager, EV Product Development
This position will be responsible for predicting, tracking, and optimizing Engineering resources for new product development. The person will work closely with other managers to measure and demonstrate engineering efficiency improvements.
The person in this role will be involved in Design stages gates from architecture to validation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare detailed project schedules in collaboration with other team leaders and engineering project managers to deliver products on time as per program milestones. (using MS Project and Jira)
• In collaboration with team leaders, predict resources needed to reach the objectives and optimize resource usage versus program development requirements.
• Monitor and Coordinate engineering project's progress in MS Project and Jira.
• Report weekly progress of engineering deliverables to various stakeholders: Highlight items at risk: resources, analysis (Risk Matrix)
• Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and present engineering process performance improvements.
• Standardize engineering reporting methods and templates.
• Develop and manage a MASTER PLAN including all engineering projects (to highlight interaction of resources on multiple project)
• Optimize project master plan for future projects (perform correlation between the master plan and actual's seen during the project)
• Participate in Design Reviews to ensure the mandatory content and attendance are met.
• Engineering degree with Minimum 10 years in Product Mechanical Design development.
• Experience with multiple engineering disciplines.
• Project management experience.
• Works autonomously. Excellent communication skills. Highly adaptable.
• The candidate will reconcile divergent opinions to support the achievement of business objectives and emerging priorities.
• Proficiency in MS Project, MS Office suite and Jira
• Proficient French and English