Do you want to contribute to the development of transport electrification?
Dana TM4 develops and manufactures electric motors, generators, power electronics and control systems for the commercial , passenger, sports or leisure vehicle markets as well as for the maritime, rail and mining sectors . A member of the Dana group since 2018, Dana TM4 now enjoys an enviable position in the market allowing it to reach its full commercial potential.
Employing more than 535 experienced specialists worldwide, including more than 190 engineers, Dana TM4 takes pride in supporting its customers throughout the entire product development process; from the feasibility study to the production stage.
Are you autonomous, dynamic, rigorous, a team player and like to take up challenges? Join TM4.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Product Development group, you will be involved in all stages of the life cycle of inverters and chargers for drivetrains, from the architecture to the production, through the design and the validation. You will be at the forefront to support the various production lines, whether in Quebec, China or India. You will be part of a team involving experts from all fields, and will need to be imaginative and creative in order to ensure the efficiency and the quality of Dana TM4 traction systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and monitoring of design activities for a given product, from architecture to production;
• Design mechanical parts and assemblies, considering thermal and structural constraints;
• Perform analytical calculations and collaborate with the advanced calculations team;
• Design, prototype, validate new concepts;
• Support the start of production;
• Support mechanical draftsman in the production of manufacturing drawings;
• Recommend, analyze and implement engineering changes;
• Participate in and lead design reviews of components and complete products;
• Track design activities and deliverables for a given product;
• Represent the company as a technical expert when meeting with clients.
• 2 years of relevant experience in mechanical design;
• Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ);
• Good knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Solidworks, Catia, NX from Siemens) ;
• Knowledge of Siemens TeamCenter lifecycle management (PLM) software (or other equivalent PLM);
• Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T);
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal and plastic parts;
• Experience in mechanical design of electronic products, an asset;
• Demonstrated ability to document their work;
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
• Proactive and autonomous ;
• Knows how to take a critical look at his work and that of others;
• Rigorous and respectful of deadlines;
• Functional English and French (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
• Because we are a dynamic and growing Quebec company that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration;
• Because we stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural character of our team;
• Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of benefiting from a summer schedule;
• Because we offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro;
• Because our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club, Oktoberfest , méchoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc…