Customer Service Electrical Power Technician
The main responsibilities of this CSE position cover the application of Dana EV propulsion systems and subsystems products and technologies to customers across multiple platforms of on highway, off highway and powersports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieving data from the customer units, analyzing data, distributing data to the plants and engineering for development of corrective actions based on data.
- Analyzes and distributes field information to facilitate tracking warranty and customer satisfaction concerns; through warranty reduction activities; warranty part investigation, warranty cost recovery, warranty part countermeasures, and customer satisfaction countermeasures.
- Analyze electrical and mechanical failure modes of returned products. Identify technical and systemic points of failure and define diagnostic method.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to customer
- Be a core member and subject matter expert for vehicle and component diagnostics both in field and in customer returned products.
- Support as needed education of systems and products to customers and company resources.
- Manage weekly warranty review meetings with the Engineering, Sales and Plant personnel to keep corrective actions on track. Ensure parts are being analyzed in a timely manner and facilitate and/or expedient the analysis process when needed.
- Manage customer communications within Dana and the customer. Work with the facility quality and production process representatives on specific issues and works directly with the engineering community.
- Supply customer’s corrective action responses to include containment actions and clean points. Monitor data to assure dates are verified. Contact customers for clarification on issues and resolution of issue. Supply customers and Dana management comprehensive reports on OE Warranty performance. Represent Dana with the customer on Warranty QOS reviews and meetings.
Minimum Qualifications Desired:
• Technician's degree in electronics or may consider equivalent education with experience.
• Demonstrated the mechanical and electrical skills needed to identify products as well as product deficiencies in electric and electromagnetic systems.
• Proficiency in electrical diagnostics, tools and methods.
• Past warranty or Tech Service experience would be preferred
• Drivetrain component or electrified product and application background would be preferred
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team environment including root cause analysis experience utilizing “8D’s”, “5 Why” and/or Red X tools
• Demonstrated competence in quality related statistics and process controls
• Must have strong analytical skills
• Motivated individual who accepts responsibility
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills in both french and english.
• Strong computer software skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Must be able to travel internationally when needed.