Mechanical Designer intern
Plug into your career!
Are you interested in electrifying vehicles? Dana TM4 develops and manufactures electric propulsion systems, including motors, traction inverters and chargers.
Our customers are leading automotive manufacturers, and our products are aimed at the commercial, passenger, sports and leisure vehicle markets, as well as the marine, rail and mining sectors. We have also contributed to the development of key components used in Formula E racing cars.
Employing over 535 experienced specialists worldwide, including more than 190 engineers, Dana TM4 is proud to support its customers throughout the entire product development process; from feasibility to production.
Are you a self-starter, dynamic, rigorous, a team player and like a challenge? Join Dana TM4.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer Trainee, you'll be involved in all stages of the high-voltage traction system life cycle, from architecture through design and validation to production. You'll be at the forefront of supporting the various production lines, whether in Quebec, China or India. You'll be at the heart of a team of experts from all fields, and you'll have to use your imagination and creativity to ensure the efficiency and quality of Dana TM4 traction systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies for traction systems (motors and inverters);
- Consider thermal and structural constraints;
- Perform analytical calculations and collaborate with the advanced calculations team;
- Assemble and validate new prototypes or proofs of concept;
- Support production start-up;
- Participate in and lead design reviews of components and complete products;
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent field;
- Experience in automotive mechanical design, an asset;
- Knowledge of the following manufacturing processes, an asset: metal and plastic injection molding, stamping.
- Interest in transportation electrification an asset;
- Knowledge of NX and Team Center, an asset
- Demonstrated ability to document work;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Proactive and autonomous;
- Ability to take a critical look at one's own work and that of others;
- Rigorous and respectful of deadlines;
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
- Why be part of our driving force?
- We're a dynamic, growing Quebec company that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration;
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team;
- Because we offer flexible working hours.