Thermal Analyst Intern
Plug into your career and become part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, high-performance technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic, growing Quebec company that fosters creativity and innovation. Our challenges are interesting and constantly renewed. We know that we can all personally make a difference.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Your mandate: to revolutionize the world of transportation, while :
- The objective of this internship will be to complete several models and analyses of existing and developing motors or inverters, using industry-leading and world-class modeling techniques in thermal analysis.
- This internship offers the opportunity to view, study, test and analyze motors and inverters with high power density, while considering multiple physical constraints.
- In the mechanical analysis group, the intern will work closely with the mechanical, electrical and magnetic engineers, supporting design with thermal analysis.
- The analytical approach used can vary from simple hand calculations, to the use of software for multiphysics finite element analysis or CFD.
- Introductory training in thermal finite element analysis and CAD will be provided.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or engineering physics in progress
- Experience with CAD software (Asset: NX)
- Interest and ability to develop and use multidisciplinary skills, both theoretical and practical, to achieve results
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, autonomy
- Humility, resilience and openness to criticism and ideas
- Functional French and English
Extras that feel good:
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro station