Prototype Buyer (Boucherville)
Contribute to the Electrification of Transportation !
As a Prototype Buyer, you are part of the Procurement team within Operations. You are responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategies to optimize the cost of acquiring parts or services within established project deadlines and quality requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support procurement activities during the prototyping phase (participate in project meetings, supplier meetings, technical reviews, etc.).
- Support the supplier selection process
- Ensure that supplier selection meets objectives in terms of budget, delivery dates and quality requirements.
- Participate in project risk assessment
- Develop new suppliers according to specific needs
- Identify procurement opportunities and risks
- Use the ERP system (SAP) to support purchase requisitions and ensure its smooth operation.
- Participate in the development of procurement strategies to increase the department's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in the continuous improvement dynamic of the procurement and operations department
- Lead the sourcing and qualification of new products/suppliers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Participate in KPI tracking with stakeholders
- Ensure acquisition cost targets are met by tracking performance indicators
- Collaborate in the management of non-conformities and returns to suppliers
- Perform any other related tasks required by the position
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or engineering required
- At least 5 years' purchasing experience in the manufacturing sector
- Experience in automotive or electronics is an asset
- Experience in project management is an asset
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret drawings and technical specifications
- Good understanding of GD&T (geometric and dimensional tolerances)
- Good knowledge of an ERP system (experience with SAP is an asset)
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)