Advanced Engineering - intern
Plug into your career and become part of our driving force!
Are you interested in electrifying vehicles? Dana TM4 develops and manufactures electric propulsion systems including motors, traction inverters and chargers.
Our customers are leading automotive manufacturers, and our products are aimed at the commercial, passenger, sports and leisure vehicle markets, as well as the marine, rail and mining sectors. We have also contributed to the development of key components used in Formula E racing cars.
As an electronics design intern, you will join the Advanced Engineering team, part of the engineering department responsible for the development of traction motors and high-voltage electronic products for electric vehicles.
You will contribute to the Advanced Engineering team's mission to bring new technologies and innovations to maturity, enabling the motors and electronic products developed to stand out from the crowd.
The team is called upon to support the various technology roadmaps maintained by the Product Development and Product Planning groups, as well as by representatives of the Light Vehicle, Commercial Vehicle and Off-Highway Business Units. The team is responsible for completing technology evaluation and demonstration projects, as well as technical risk mitigation projects, and sharing the results. It is also responsible for promoting and supporting technology transfer in partnership with product development teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Your mandate: to revolutionize the world of transportation, while :
- Contributing to the design of isolated and non-isolated power converters, digital and analog electronic circuits, power transistor control circuits, and printed circuit boards.
- Lead and/or participate in the design of the architecture of a traction inverter prototype, or other electronic product, including the dimensioning of the main components.
- Collaborate as part of a multidisciplinary team (Electromagnetics, Electronics, Software, Mechanics) to achieve objectives and solve problems.
- Conduct or support laboratory and test room tests
- Integrate ISO26262 principles of operational safety and electromagnetic compatibility into designs
- Supervise and support the work of technicians and assemblers when required
- Conduct and participate in risk and failure mode analyses
- Participate in design reviews of Advanced Engineering projects, involving members of product development groups
- Participate in design reviews of product development groups
- Maintain a good knowledge of the internal and external state of the art in order to propose informed adjustments to Advanced Engineering projects.
-Collaborate with partners inside and outside Dana, including specialist companies, national laboratories and universities, both locally and internationally.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering in progress
- Interest in and ability to develop and use multidisciplinary skills, both theoretical and practical, to achieve results
- Sensitivity to the protection of intellectual property
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, autonomy and results-oriented decision-making
- Humility, resilience, and openness to criticism and ideas
- Functional English and French
- Asset: Knowledge of Altium Designer software
- Asset: Experience in power electronics
Extras that feel good:
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro station
*Please note that the masculine gender is used for the sake of brevity only.