Plug in your career!
Are you interested in electrifying vehicles? Dana TM4 develops and manufactures electric propulsion systems, including motors, traction inverters and chargers.
Our customers are leading automotive manufacturers, and our products are aimed at the commercial, passenger, sports and leisure vehicle markets, as well as the marine, rail and mining sectors. We have also contributed to the development of key components used in Formula E racing cars.
Employing over 535 experienced specialists worldwide, including more than 190 engineers, Dana TM4 is proud to support its customers throughout the entire product development process; from feasibility to production.
Are you a self-starter, dynamic, rigorous, a team player and enjoy a challenge? Join Dana TM4.
As a Prototyping Engineer Trainee, you will be an active member of the project team at the operations level. You will be responsible for multiple projects related to prototyping and internal process improvement, as well as the creation and improvement of project management tools.
The intern will be assigned the task of creating and improving project management tools and KPIs.
Your role will be to act as a liaison between project teams in prototyping, industrialization and operations for the management of special requests, processes and for the follow-up of product orders in support of project managers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, create and optimize project management tools and monitoring indicators (KPIs) relevant to the various projects.
- Ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with internal procedures (project milestones, phase checklists, etc.);
- Create/improve processes to optimize prototyping team activities;
- Coordinate the teams of prototyping technicians, industrialization, procurement, quality and production testing;
- Ensure implementation of actions required to meet project deadlines;
- Identify, assess and manage project risks;
- Find appropriate solutions to problems related to identified risks;
- Use the SAP ERP system to perform purchase requisitions and order tracking.
- Interpret drawings and specifications for components, assemblies and tooling;
- Act as a firefighter to manage ad hoc requests (repairs, investigations, special assemblies, etc.);
- Participate in the continuous improvement dynamic to contribute to the company's efficiency and the evolution of the profession.
Depending on the projects selected for the student, the following skills are required:
- Mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering student;
- High degree of versatility and flexibility;
- Ability to interpret component and assembly drawings and technical specifications;
- Proficiency in computer systems, including the Office suite (SharePoint is an asset)
- Programming experience in VBA, Java, Java script, C Sharpe... (an asset);
- Experience in client/server interaction (an asset);
- Ability to guide and coordinate the progress of projects with members of a multidisciplinary team;
- Autonomy and proactivity;
- Rigorous work ethic;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written).
- Office position.
- Flexible working hours and possibility of summer schedule.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We're a dynamic, growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- Our team is multidisciplinary and multicultural.
- We offer flexible working hours and the possibility of a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a wide variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, drawing club, etc.