EV Network Construction Deployment Director | Directeur ou Directrice
FLO is looking for a Network Deployment Director with a high capacity for strategic thinking and ability to focus on execution simultaneously. In this role, the Network Deployment Director will report to the Senior Network Planning and Construction Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting direction and implementing a solid structure in the Deployment Team making it as effective and efficient as possible, developing new project management methods and new site implementation solutions.
The Network Deployment Director is required to have 10-15 year's experience leading a large-scale deployment team. It is a critical the candidate has at least 3 year's experience in the field of EV implementation. In these deployments there is a technical requirement to understand electrical power systems.
He/she will work with many stakeholders across multiple departments to ensure that direction is set, and standards and processes are in place for smooth day to day operations. The desired candidate will be required to travel from time to time attending leadership and strategy sessions, building strong business partnerships, meeting with team members and provide coaching and guidance. He/she will be the company's deployment team relationship owner with large clients.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM, YOU WILL
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to all members of your team;
- Set clear measurable goals and coach team members as needed;
- Develop deployment and installation strategy for Canada and the US;
- Develop procurement and logistic strategy for Canada and the US;
- Prepare, review, & improve project deployment processes;
- Develop deployment construction standards of various site sizes and configurations;
- Serve as the primary technical expert on all equipment-related matters, providing guidance and support to the team and other departments as needed;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, manufacturing, and supply chain, to ensure the successful design, development, and deployment of new EV equipment;
- Quarterly assessment of staffing requirements and take action where needed;
- Come with a high level of knowledge in electrical power systems and apply this knowledge to strategy and deliverables;
- Work closely with suppliers & other industry leaders to design, price, and procure all items required to complete the installation of charging sites at scale;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the latest developments and advancements in EV equipment engineering, staying current with industry trends and advancements;
- Formulate opinions and recommendations based on factual data from the industry;
- Set procurement strategy and direction collaboratively with all stakeholders;
- Conduct site installation audits to insure the team is delivering on the communicated standards;
- Maintain various reports;
- Perform validation of reports and work. Ensure budgets are met and communicate if not;
- Participate in special development projects of the department;
- Perform all day-to-day tasks with passion.
- Available to travel within Canada and the United States;
- Bachelor's degree (BAC) or College Diploma (DEC) with equivalent work experience;
- Hard working, autonomous and organized;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, ability to adapt to various construction/deployment tools.
- Bilingual (French/English - Oral and written;
- Be the lucky driver of an electric vehicle.
- FLO is headquartered in Quebec City, with regional teams located throughout the US and Canada. Our company has a vibrant culture and a commitment to ensuring employees are supported and engaged, especially through the evolution of employment in the post pandemic era.
- FLO is a successful business with strong year-on-year results including direct sales, revenue generation, and through the expansion of operations and market presence across North America. There is a positive and entrepreneurial mentality for growth, business development and a high-performance culture where we work as a team to reach ambitious goals.
- You will be backed up by experienced and knowledgeable colleagues who will support the onboarding process and engage you in your day-to-day professional development.
- Weekly townhall meetings with our CEO to share our executive team’s vision and engage employees in major developments at the company.
- FLO has a pleasant working atmosphere with respect for the individual.
- Compensation package and benefits according to industry standards