Production Hourly Team Lead
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it’s that much easier to connect!
The Hourly Team Leader will provide leadership, direction, and work assignments to an assigned group of hourly team members in Fab/Weld/Heavy Mechanics and/or Mods.
- Knowledge of EHS procedures and policies
- Knowledge of safe use of manual equipment and hand tools for assigned product lines
- Working knowledge of use of inspection measurement equipment
- Understanding of all manufacturing and quality procedures associated with the assigned product line in a lean manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train, and lead hourly employees
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely complete job tasks utilizing manual or automated equipment as well as use of gages needed for inspection or testing as required
- Demonstrated ability to document and record inspection results per in-house procedures
- Successful completion of quality audit to internal procedures on assigned product line and/or use of equipment
What to expect:
- Oversee workflow to ensure daily production requirements and schedules are met
- Lead and mentor Team Members to meet daily production and schedule requirements
- Create a team environment and lead the team to meet production goals in support of the Coach & Business Leader
- Provide Lean Manufacturing leadership and development
- Provide technical training to Team Members as part of the Employee training program as well as Lean Manufacturing Principles and Continuous Improvement processes
- Proactively partner with Coach and Team Member to improve processes
- Prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates safety mindset
- Demonstrates leadership and actively participates in teaming (Continuous improvement projects, meeting roles, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and train others
- Demonstrates a high standard of personal conduct and strong customer service
- Demonstrates ability to be self- driven and proactive in achieving takt and staying on track with Master Schedule
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.